Friday, September 14, 2012

ouch


I know it's not the norm, but this week you get poetry. I like it, I don't care what you think!

____ in the Dark

There was running. I wasn't sure if it was towards
or away
but there was running.

The rain was soft, sweetly rolling
from her brow
down
to her eyes
twining through the mascara
and tears
down her nose
and onto her lips.
The lips, quivering with the hastened breath
in 
and out
gasping a mixture of fear and relief
that she had found me
but in reality I had found her.

It wasn't supposed to end this way.
I knew I would love her, 
but she was never supposed to love me back.

There was a knife. I wasn't sure
where it had come from
but I knew exactly where 
it ended up.


The red of her dress
already darkened 
by the
d
  e
    l
      u
         g
           e
became a shade of crimson deeper than before.
The worst part
the part that 
tore a h le in me.
Was the look in her eye
and she understood
and she loved me anyways. 

There was running. 
Away. Always, always away.

No comments:

Post a Comment